- Normative Language Policy: Ethics, Politics, Principles
(with Leigh Oakes
, Cambridge University Press, exp. 2017).
- Language Policy and Political Theory: Building Bridges, Assessing Breaches
(co-ed. with Tom Ricento
and Peter Ives
, Springer, 2015).
Journal Articles- Language and the Limits of Justice. Language Policy and Political Theory: special issue of the Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development (online first).
- Tongue-Tied: Rawls, Political Philosophy and Metalinguistic Awareness, the American Political Science Review (with Matteo Bonotti), 100(4), 798-811 (2016).
- Parity in the Plural: Language and Complex Equality. Linguistic Equality: special issue of Language Problems and Language Planning 39(3), 283-297 (2015).
- Normative Language Policy: Interface and Interfences. Language Policy and Political Theory: special issue of Language Policy 13(4), 301-315 (2014).
- Language, Rights and the Language of Language Rights: The Need for a New Conceptual Framework in the Political Theory of Language Policy. Journal of Language and Politics 10(3): 236-256 (2011).
Edited Journals and Editorials- Language Policy and Political Theory. Special Issue of Language Policy (with Tom Ricento and Peter Ives),13(4) (2014).
- Introduction to the Thematic Issue: Language Policy and Political Theory. Language Policy and Political Theory: special issue of Language Policy (with Tom Ricento and Peter Ives), 13(4), 295-300 (2014).
Book Chapters- Language Ethics and the Interdisciplinary Challenge. In The Oxford Handbook of Language Policy, eds. J. W. Tollefson and M. Pérez-Milans (contracted to Oxford University Press, exp. 2017).
- Towards an Adaptive Approach to Linguistic Justice: Three Paradoxes. In Language Policy and Linguistic Justice: Economic, Philosophical and Sociolinguistics Approaches, eds. M. Gazzola, T. Tempin and B.-A. Wickström (contracted to Springer, exp. 2017).
- Marching forward into the Past: Monolingual Multilingualism in Contemporary Political Theory. In Standard Languages and Multilingualism in European History, eds. M. Hüning and U. Vogl (Amsterdam: John Benjamins), 71-96 (2012).
Book Reviews- The Domain of Disciplines: Review of H. J. Graff, Undisciplining Knowledge: Interdisciplinarity in the Twentieth Century. Science 350, 168 (2015).
- One Tongue to Rule them All? Review of S. L. Montgomery, Does Science Need a Global Language? Science 343, 250-251 (2014).
- Review of S. Pupavac, Language Rights: From Free Speech to Linguistic Governance. Language in Society 43(3), 349-354 (2014).
- Review of P. van Parijs, Linguistic Justice for Europe and for the World. Language Policy 13(4), 413-415 (2014).
Working Papers and Proceedings- Language, Power, Ethics and Superdiversity, Working Papers in Language and Urban Literacies WP179/2015. Centre for Language, Discourse and Communication, King’s College London.
- The Blessing of Babel: Linguistic Diversity and Human Development. Working Paper 9/2008. Human Development, Capability and Poverty International Research Centre (HDCP-IRC), University of Pavia.
- The Learned and the Sago-Sago: Intralinguistic Misconceptions and Extralinguistic Politics. Proceedings of LINGO 2007 (ed. Kokkonidis, M.). Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics, University of Oxford.